Namasu - Daikon and Carrot Salad
- 250 gram daikon, peeled and cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- 50 gram carrot, peeled and cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon drinking water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place daikon and carrot in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Gently massage the salt into the vegetables, then set aside for 5 to 10 minutes. This step is essential to draw out excess liquid from the vegetables, so your salad will be crunchy instead of limpy.
- Meanwhile, combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk lightly to combine. Set aside.
- Squeeze the daikon and carrot and place them in a new bowl. Pour the dressing and lightly toss to combine. Serve at room temperature or chilled (I like the chilled version better).
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.