Nasi Liwet in Rice Cooker
- 450 gram Thai jasmine rice, washed and drained (about 3 rice cooker cups)
- 4 Indonesian bay leaves (Indonesian: daun salam)
- 2 lemongrass (Indonesian sereh), cut into 2 inch sections, bruised
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk from canned coconut milk
- 2 3/4 cup water, or unsalted chicken stock for non-vegetarian (*)
- Place all ingredients in rice cooker pot, give it a stir so everything is mixed together. Put the pot in your rice cooker machine, and press cook until the rice is fully cooked.
- Let the cook rice sit unopened for 10 minutes, then open the rice cooker lid, use the rice spatula to gently fluff and stir. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- (*) Follow the required amount of water suggested by your rice cooker, minus 1/4 cup which was substituted by 1/4 cup coconut milk.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.