Niku Jaga - Braised Beef and Potato
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 150 gram thinly sliced beef (or pork)
- 600 gram potato, peeled and cut each into 8 pieces
- 100 gram ito konnyaku, cut into 1 cm thick slices, shape each into a tazuna (optional)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 10 green beans, blanched and cut into 2 inch sections
- 3 1/2 cup dashi stock (or 3 1/2 cup water + 2 teaspoon bonito flavored dashi seasoning)
- 6 tablespoon sake
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon mirin
- Heat oil in a frying pan and lightly sauté the beef.
- Add potato, konnyaku, onion, and continue stir frying.
- Add all sauce ingredients into the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are tender and the sauce is reduced, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat, transfer to a serving bowl. Scatter the blanched green beans on top of the stew and served immediately with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.