Okara Tofu Nuggets
- 450 gram (1 pound) okara (soy bean pulp from making soy milk)
- 1 block (450 gram/1 pound) firm tofu, crumbled into tiny bits
- 6 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon Japanese dashi stock granules, or use chicken/beef/vegetables stock
- 2 eggs, or 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (Note 1)
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in a wok/pot for deep frying. Once the oil reaches 180 Celsius (360 Fahrenheit), it is ready for deep frying tofu nuggets.
- Mix together all ingredients in a mixing bowl, take about 3-4 tablespoon of mixture and shape into patties, then carefully drop in the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Repeat until all mixture is used up.
- These nuggets are delicious as is, but they are also great with some tomato ketchup, mayonnaise, and sriracha.
- (1) For a gluten-free option, use the same amount of potato starch (katakuriko), cornstarch, or tapioca starch.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.