Okara Tofu Nuggets
4.9 from 8 reviews
Author: Anita Jacobson
Categories: Main Dish
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 450 gram (1 pound) okara (soy bean pulp from making soy milk)
- 1 block firm tofu, crumbled into tiny bits
- 3-4 teaspoon Japanese dashi stock granules, or use chicken/beef/vegetables stock
- 6 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup katakuriko (potato starch), or use cornstarch/tapioca starch
- Heat about 3 inches of oil in a wok/pot for deep frying. Once the oil reaches 180 Celsius (360 Fahrenheit), it is ready for deep frying tofu nuggets.
- Mix together all ingredients in a mixing bowl, take about 3-4 tablespoon of mixture and shape into patties, then carefully drop in the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Repeat until all mixture is used up.
- These nuggets are delicious as is, but they are also great with some tomato ketchup, mayonnaise, and chili sauce.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.