Onbitjkoek - Dutch Spiced Breakfast Cake
- 175 gram all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon spekoek seasoning
- 5 eggs
- 150 gram palm sugar or brown sugar
- 100 gram unsalted butter, melted
- 25 gram almond slices or sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 190 Celcius (375 Fahrenheit). Grease and flour a 9" loaf pan, set aside.
- Sift together all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and spekoek seasoning. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together eggs and palm sugar until all the sugar has completely dissolved. Add sifted dry ingredients to the egg mixture in 3 batches, mix well in each addition. Slowly add the melted butter into the batter, mix well.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top with almond slices or sesame seeds. Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a cake tester came out clean.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.