Orange Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry
- Baked "fried" chicken strips
- 1 pair boneless skinless chicken breast (~ 750 gram), butterfly, and cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 75 gram all purpose flour
- Orange hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 large (or 1 small) onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 150 ml chicken stock (or water)
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, or to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Baked "fried" chickens strips
- Mix together chicken strips with salt, ground pepper, garlic, lime juice, and tapioca starch. Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius (400 Fahrenheit), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Just prior to baking, lightly dust the marinated chicken strips with all purpose flour, then place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then flip the chicken, and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Orange hoisin chicken stir fry
- Melt butter in a large frying pan/wok over medium high heat. Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add hoisin sauce, Worchestershire sauce, orange juice, chicken stock/water. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Season with orange zest, salt, pepper, and sugar. Adjust according to your taste.
- Continue cooking until the sauce is reduced and thick, then add the baked "fried" chicken strips and toasted sesame seeds. Toss to gently coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Turn off heat, transfer to a serving plate, garnish with thinly sliced scallions and serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.