Oyako Don - Chicken and Egg on Rice
- 500 gram boneless skinless chicken thigh, cut into cubes
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups dashi stock (or 2 cups water + 1 1/2 teaspoon bonito flavored dashi seasoning)
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon mirin
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Also prepared
- 4 servings of steamed white rice
- Place all sauce ingredients in a pan, bring to a boil, add chicken, and boil briefly.
- Prepare toppings individually. Place 1/4 of the sauce, chicken, and vegetables in a small pot, and bring to a boil. Beat 2 eggs, pour over in a circular motion, cook until egg is half done, stirring.
- Place a portion of the steamed white rice in a bowl. Slide chicken and egg topping carefully over the rice. Repeat for the remaining 3 portions. Serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.