Pan Fried Fish with Plum Sauce
- 2 red snapper fillet (Indonesian: kakap merah), about 150 gram each
- corn starch
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 onion (Indonesian: bawang bombay), thinly sliced
- 2 scallions (Indonesian: daun bawang), sliced 1 inch diagonally
- 3 red chilies (Indonesian: cabe merah besar), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon plum sauce
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pat dry the fish, scatter a pinch of salt and ground pepper on the fish. Dust with corn starch to coat the fish so it won’t stick when fried on the pan, set aside.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the fish for 5 minutes each side. Only flip the fish once at the end of 5 minutes, otherwise, the fish will stick to the pan. Set the fish on a serving plate.
- In the same pan, stir fry onion, scallion, and chili until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add the sauce to the pan and cook until the sauce bubbles. Pour the sauce onto the fish. Serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.