Pisang Goreng Madu
- 8-12 ripe saba bananas (Indonesian: pisang kepok), peeled
- 100 gram all-purpose flour
- 50 gram rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each: salt, baking powder
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 200 ml ice-cold water
- enough oil for deep frying
- Heat enough oil in a pot for deep frying.
- Make three slices along each banana's length, but keep the bottom 1 inch intact, so it can be opened up like a fan.
- Mix all-purpose flour, rice flour salt, baking powder, honey, and ice-cold water in a mixing bowl to make the batter.
- Once the oil is hot (~ 170 Celsius / 340 Fahrenheit), dip each banana into the batter, and fry until golden brown and crispy. About 2 minutes each. Remove and drain on paper towel/wire rack. Serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.