Puding Agar Gula Merah - Palm Sugar Agar Pudding
- 400 ml water
- 180 gram (6 oz) palm sugar (Indonesian: gula Jawa)
- 3 pandan leaves, knotted
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- 7 gram (2 1/4 teaspoon) agar-agar powder (*)
- 1 egg
- Lightly beat an egg in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Grate palm sugar (if using the block version).
- Add grated palm sugar, water, and pandan leaves to a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until boiling and the sugar has dissolved. Set aside for 15 minutes to let the pandan steep, then strain. Return the liquid to the saucepan, and discard the pandan leaves.
- Add coconut milk and agar powder to the saucepan. Return the liquid to a boil while stirring continuously to ensure the agar powder is well mixed.
- Pour half of the agar mixture into the egg while stirring quickly, then add the egg mixture back into the saucepan.
- Return the pot to the stove and cook until boiling.
- Pour the agar mixture into silicone muffin cups. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes at room temperature, then chill in the fridge until fully set.
- To serve, remove the agar pudding from the mold and serve chilled.
- (*) You can also use 1 packet of Indonesian Swallow Globe brand agar powder, but be sure it is the plain/unflavored variety.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.