Putri Salju - Vanilla Crescent Cookies
5.0 from 9 reviews
Author: Anita Jacobson
Ingredients: Nuts and Seeds
Prep Time: 45 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 1 stick (1/2 cup, or 113 gram) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (30 gram) confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (50 gram) almond flour, you can use ground almond from whole almond too
- 1 cup (120 gram) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners sugar, for coating
- Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit (165 Celsius). Line a half-sheet baking pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the dough. In a mixing bowl, beat butter, confectioners sugar, salt, and vanilla until fluffy. Then beat in almond flour, and finally all-purpose flour.
- Shape the cookies. Gather cookie dough, then divide into 24 portions. With hands, shape each cookie dough portion into a crescent moon shape.
- Bake the cookies. Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown, but the top is still pale.
- Coat the cookies. Pour about 1 cup of confectioners sugar into a bowl, and once the cookies are only warm to touch, you can start coating them.
- Dip each cookie in confectioners sugar, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once they are completely cool, dip each of the cookies one more time with confectioners sugar. Make sure the cookies are thoroughly coated and snowy white.
- Store the cookies. It is best if you store the cookies in an air-tight container. They should stay fresh at room temperature for up to 1 week. For longer storage, it is best to freeze the cookies. And when you want to enjoy, simply remove from the freezer and let the cookies return to room temperature.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.