Red Bean and Barley Sweet Soup
- 250 gram red bean
- 100 gram barley
- 50 gram candied winter melon
- 1/2 tangerine peel
- 8 cups water
- 100 gram sugar
- Place red bean and 6 cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 5 minutes, then cover, and let the red bean soak in boiling water for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, wash and drain the barley until the water is clear. Let it soak in cold water.
- Drain the red bean and refresh with cold water.
- Return the drain red bean to a clean pot, drain barley and add to the pot, add candied winter melon, tangerine peel, and the 8 cups of water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the red bean has softened.
- Add sugar and stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Turn off heat, serve hot, at room temperature, or chilled. ♥
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.