Red Bean, Lotus Seed, and Lily Bulb Sweet Soup
- 200 gram dried red beans
- 25 gram dried lotus seeds, soak in cold water for 30 minutes
- 25 gram dried lily bulbs, soak in cold water for 30 minutes
- 1 tangerine peel
- 1500 ml (6 cups) water
- 100 gram rock sugar (or to taste)
- Place 4 cups of water and red beans in a pot and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 5 minutes, then turn off heat, and cover the pot with a lid. Let the beans sit in the boiling water for 1 hour. Drain and refresh with cold water.
- Return the red beans to the pot, add lotus seeds, lily bulbs, tangerine peel, and the 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then cover the pot, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the bean has softened.
- Sweeten the soup with rock sugar and cook until all the sugar has fully dissolved. Turn off heat and serve immediately, at room temperature, or chilled. :)
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.