Red Bean Paste with Rice Cooker
- 300 gram dried adzuki beans, washed and drained
- 90 gram sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon rum
- Place adzuki beans in rice cooker pot. Add water to the "3 cup level" mark of the rice cooker pot. Place it in the rice cooker and cook with either "white rice" function or the standard "cook" button.
- Once it is finished cooking in the rice cooker, the beans should be quite soft at this stage. Transfer the cooked beans to a sauce pot, then add enough water to barely cover the beans.
- Bring the pot to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to a simmer. Add sugar, stir until dissolves. Then add salt, and stir until dissolves. Finally, add the rum, and stir.
- Turn off the heat. Once it cools, transfer to a storing box/jar and store in refrigerator. Use within 1 week.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.