Rock Fish in Butter Ponzu Sauce
- 500 gram rock fish fillet (about 4 portions)
- all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon ponzu sauce (use the homemade ponzu sauce below if you don't want to buy ready made ponzu sauce)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Home-made ponzu sauce (mix together the following)
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon dashi stock
- 1 tablespoon yuzu juice (or lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- Pat dry fish fillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and dust with all purpose flour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Cook the fish fillet until golden brown on both sides. Set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean, or use another clean frying pan. Boil together ponzu sauce and butter, then return the fish fillet to simmer for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat off, transfer to serving plates, and garnish with some thinly sliced scallions. You can serve with a side of simple salad, and this dish goes really well with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.