Rujak Buah - Fruit Salad with Spicy Palm Sugar Sauce
- Rujak dressing/sauce
- 200 gram palm sugar (Indonesian: gula Jawa), chopped/shaved if using the block version
- 15 gram tamarind flesh + 5 tablespoon drinking water, strained
- 6 (or more) Thai chilies, seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon shrimp paste (Indonesian: terasi, Malaysian/Singaporean: belacan), toasted until pale, fragrant, and crumbly
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Typical fruits for rujak buah
- green mango (Indonesian: mangga muda)
- green papaya (Indonesian: pepaya muda)
- pineapple (Indonesian: nenas)
- water apple (Indonesian: jambu air)
- guava (Indonesian: jambu merah)
- cucumber (Indonesian: timun)
- jicama (Indonesian: bengkoang)
- starfruit (Indonesian: belimbing)
- ambarella (Indonesian: kedondong)
- pomelo (Indonesian: jeruk Bali)
- Optional toppings
- crushed/ground roasted peanuts
- toasted sesame seeds
- a mixture of salt and chili powder
- Prepare rujak dressing/sauce. In a food processor/blender, process all rujak sauce ingredients into a thick gooey liquid. Transfer to a dipping bowl.
- Prepare fresh fruits. Wash and cut some of the suggested typical fruits and vegetables, make sure everything is bite-size pieces, arrange in individual serving/salad bowls.
- Serving rujak buah. Serve both the cut fruits and rujak sauce together. Pour a little bit of the spicy rujak sauce and mix with the fruits. If you wish, add the additional toppings too.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.