Salted Egg Yolk Pound Cake
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 400 gram (2 cup) sugar
- 450 gram (1 lb) unsalted butter, melted
- 300 gram all-purpose flour
- 40 gram cornstarch
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cooked salted egg yolks, grated (Note 1)
- Preheat oven to 165 Celsius (325 Fahrenheit). Brush a 10-inch bundt pan with butter and dust with sugar.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs and sugar with medium speed until pale yellow and glossy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, stream in melted butter, then turn the mixer speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes, or until the butter is fully incorporated.
- Sift in all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Use the lowest speed to mix the dry ingredients to the batter. Stop once there is no longer any flour streak.
- Add grated salted egg yolk and use a spatula to fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter to the prepared cake pan and bake into the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool it in the cake pan for 10 minutes. Gently remove the cake from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into serving slices and serve.
- (1) Substitute with 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, or make homemade salted egg yolks as described in the post.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.