Sambal Cabe Rawit Aceh - Acehnese Bird Eye Chili Sauce
- 200 gram green bird eye chilies (Indonesian: cabe rawit hijau)
- 100 gram garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih), peeled
- 100 ml water
- 100 gram sugar
- 100 ml light soy sauce (or 50 ml regular soy sauce + 50 ml water)
- 2 tablespoon white distilled vinegar (Indonesian: cuka putih)
- Wash and drain the chilies, and remove the seeds (some, all, or you can choose to keep the seeds for a crazy level of hotness).
- In a blender, process chilies, garlic, and water until smooth. Transfer to a sauce pot.
- Add sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar to the pot, mix well, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or let cool and transfer to glass jars and store the chili sauce in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.