Sambal Kacang - Peanut Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 100 gram shelled peanut (Indonesian: kacang tanah kupas)
- 3 red bird eye chilies (Indonesian: cabe rawit merah)
- 1 red cayenne chili (Indonesian: cabe keriting merah)
- 2 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 200 ml water
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar (Indonesian: cuka)
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté peanuts until toasted and fragrant, about 5 to 8 minutes, stir frequently so the peanuts are evenly browned. Set aside.
- Sauté bird eye chilies, cayenne chili, and garlic until fragrant. About 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the cooked peanut, chili, and garlic into a paste. Transfer to a pot.
- Add salt, sugar, and water into the pot, stir to mix well. Cook until the peanut sauce is boiling.
- Turn off heat, add the vinegar, and stir to mix well. Serve immediately or let cool, transfer to a clean jar, and store in a fridge.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.