Sambal Lado Mudo - Green Chili and Tomato Relish
- 100 gram green serrano chilies (Indonesian: cabe hijau keriting)
- 5 tomatillos, about 300 gram (Indonesian: tomat hijau), cut into halves
- 100 gram shallot (Indonesian: bawang merah)
- 2 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih)
- 6 tablespoon oil (olive oil or canola is a good choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 kaffir lime leaves, remove ribs and shredded
- 2 tablespoon anchovies (Indonesian: ikan teri nasi), fried until crispy
- Boil a pot of water, then add green chilies, tomatillos, shallot, and garlic until wilted, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- With a mortar and pestle, bruise and lightly grind the boiled ingredients.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, then fry the ground ingredients along with salt, kaffir lime leaves, and anchovies. Mix well, and cook 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, transfer to a serving bowl, and serve as a side dish to steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.