Sambal Nenas - Pineapple Chili Relish
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 5 red anaheim chilies (Indonesian: cabe merah besar)
- 5 bird eye chilies (Indonesian: cabe rawit)
- 5 shallots (Indonesian: bawang merah)
- 3 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih)
- 1 teaspoon toasted shrimp paste (Indonesian: terasi bakar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small ripe pineapple (Indonesian: nenas batu), peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté anaheim chilies, bird eye chilies, shallots, garlic, and shrimp paste until fragrant and fully cooked, stir occasionally. About 5 to 8 minutes.
- Grind the cooked ingredients along with salt and sugar in a food processor (or a pestle and mortar) into a coarse paste.
- Mix together the chili paste with pineapple until the pineapple pieces are fully coated with chili paste. Serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.