Sambal Telur - Eggs in Chili Sauce
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 5 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 10-12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 100 ml canned whole-fat coconut milk
- juice of 1/2 lime (~ 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (Indonesian: gula Jawa), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 100 gram shallot/onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 3-5 red bird-eye chilies
- Fry chili paste in oil over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add tomato ketchup, stir, and cook for another minute.
- Add peeled eggs, mix well, and cook for 2 minutes. Add coconut milk, mix, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Season with lime juice, salt, and palm sugar. Continue simmering for about 3-5 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and clings to the eggs.
- Turn off heat, transfer to a serving plate, and serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.