Sari Asam Jawa - Tamarind Juice
- 250 gram tamarind flesh (Indonesian: daging asam Jawa)
- 2 liter water
- 150 gram palm sugar (Indonesian: gula Jawa)
- 150 gram sugar
- Place tamarind flesh and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Strain to remove seeds and pulps. Try to squeeze to get every last drop of the tamarind essence.
- Return the strained tamarind juice to the pot. Add palm sugar and sugar and bring to a boil. Once all the sugar has dissolved, turn of heat and transfer to a pitcher.
- Serve chilled with ice cubes.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.