Sari Kacang Hijau - Mung Bean Drink
- 175 gram mung bean (Indonesian: kacang hijau), washed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 80 gram palm sugar (Indonesian: gula Jawa)
- 2 pandan leaves (Indonesian: daun pandan), knotted
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and bruised
- Bring mung bean and water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the beans started to split. Turn off heat, let cool a bit, then process until smooth with a blender.
- With a strainer, strain to get a smooth mung bean liquid. Return the strained liquid to the pot, add enough water to get a total of 5 cups liquid.
- Add palm sugar, pandan leaves, and ginger into the pot. Bring to a boil again, then simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool.
- Mung bean drink is usually served cold. So, transfer to a pitcher and chilled. Serve with or without ice cubes depends on how thick you want your mung bean drink to be.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.