Sarikayo Gula Merah - Palm Sugar Coconut Milk Custard
- 200 ml coconut milk from canned coconut milk
- 200 ml water
- 120 gram palm sugar (Indonesian: gula merah/gula Jawa)
- 30 gram all purpose flour
- 15 gram corn starch
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare a steamer.
- Mix together coconut milk and water.
- In a small sauce pan, boil together 100 ml of the coconut milk mixture and the palm sugar. Turn off heat once all the sugar has melted.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, corn starch, the palm sugar solution, and the rest of the coconut milk mixture. Set aside.
- In another mixing bow, whisk together eggs and salt. Then pour the eggs into the coconut milk mixture. Whisk until well blended.
- Strain the mixture into ramekins (I managed to fill in 5), and cover with aluminum foil. Steam for 30-35 minutes, or until fully cooked, with a small-medium heat. Serve warm or room temperature.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.