Sate Babi - Indonesian Pork Satay
- 500 gram pork neck/shoulder (Indonesian: daging babi kapsim), cut into bite-size pieces
- 50 gram palm sugar (Indonesian: gula Jawa), shaved
- 1 tablespoon coriander (Indonesian: bubuk ketumbar)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin (Indonesian: bubuk jinten)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (Indonesian: bubuk kunyit)
- 5 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap asin)
- juice of 2 limes (Indonesian: jeruk nipis)
- about 25 to 35 bamboo skewers (Indonesian: tusuk sate)
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 100 gram shallots (Indonesian: bawang merah)
- 4 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih)
- 2 red cayenne chilies (Indonesian: cabe keriting merah)
- 50 gram candlenuts (Indonesian: kemiri)
- 1 inch galangal (Indonesian: lengkuas)
- Chili sauce
- 15 gram shallot (Indonesian: bawang merah), thinly sliced
- 1 red cayenne chilies (Indonesian: cabe keriting merah), thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime (Indonesian: jeruk nipis)
- Pork satays: Grind shallots, garlic, red chilies, candlenuts, and galangal in a food processor into a smooth paste.
- Mix pork with the spice paste, palm sugar, coriander, cumin, turmeric, soy sauce, kecap manis (sweet soy sauce), and lime juice in a mixing bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and rest in the fridge overnight to marinate. Please marinate for a minimum of two hours even if you don’t have much time.
- Skewer marinated pork pieces with bamboo skewers.
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat until very hot. Brush the grills with oil using a silicone brush, and grill pork skewers until the surface is golden brown and slightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Arrange grilled pork satays on a serving plate.
- Chili sauce: Transfer leftover marinade into a saucepot and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Place the sauce into a bowl, add thinly sliced shallots, chopped red chilies, and lime juice. Serve pork satays with the chili sauce.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.