Sate Kambing - Lamb Satay
- 500 gram lamb thigh meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3-6 red bird eye chilies (Indonesian: cabe rawit merah), finely chopped (*)
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder (Indonesian: bubuk ketumbar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)
- 3 tablespoon oil, divided
- 30 bamboo skewers
- Chili sauce (mix the following together)
- 4 shallots (Indonesian: bawang merah), sliced
- 3-5 green bird eye chilies (Indonesian: cabe rawit hijau), sliced
- 4 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- Marinate lamb with chilies, coriander powder, salt, sweet soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of oil for at least 2 hours in the fridge. Overnight is best.
- Return the lamb to room temperature prior to cooking. Skewer the meat to bamboo skewers, about 3-4 meat cubes per skewer.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan (or a grill pan if you have one) on medium high heat. Pan fry/grill satay until slightly charred on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Arrange cooked satay neatly in a serving plate. Serve immediately with chili sauce and chopped tomatoes.
- (*) Use red cayenne chilies for a milder spiciness level.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.