Sate Sapi - Beef Satay
- 500 gram beef tenderloin (Indonesian: sapi has dalam), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 50 gram melted butter
- 50 gram sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- bamboo skewers
- 4 tablespoon honey
- Grind the following into spice paste
- 4 red anaheim chili (Indonesian: cabe merah besar)
- 12 shallots (Indonesian: bawang merah)
- 8 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih)
- 6 candlenuts (Indonesian: kemiri)
- In a mixing bowl, rub beef with melted butter and sugar. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Add salt, ground white pepper, and the spice paste to the beef. Mix well, and left to marinate for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Skewer the beef with bamboo skewers, about 3 to 4 pieces per skewer.
- Heat your griller (or frying pan), then brush the beef satay with honey and grill (or cook) until fully cooked. I love to cook my satay until some char has developed, so yummy. Serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.