Saus Ayam Jamur - Chicken Mushroom Sauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 700 white button mushroom, cut into thin slices
- 700 gram chicken thigh, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 2 cup water
- 1 dozen peeled hard boiled eggs
- Heat oil in a wok/large pan over medium-high heat. Fry onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add mushroom, cook until wilted.
- Add chicken thigh, and cook until no longer pink.
- Season with soy sauce, kecap manis, and ground pepper. Add water, and mix well.
- Once the sauce boils, add hard boiled eggs. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover with a lid, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Adjust with salt/sugar/pepper if necessary. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Served with boiled egg noodles.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.