Chinese Savory Steamed Egg Custard
- Egg custard
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml stock (or water)
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if the stock is salty)
- Serve with
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 scallion, thinly sliced
- Some other topping ideas
- pork floss
- roughly chopped century egg
- Chinese meat sauce
- Prepare a steamer over medium heat.
- Whisk together egg, stock (or water), and salt. Strain this mixture into a bowl, and cover with aluminum foil. Steam for 20 minutes.
- Serve the egg custard piping hot with sesame oil, soy sauce, and thinly sliced scallion.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.