Seaweed and Egg Drop Soup
- 4 cups water (or chicken stock)
- 2 inches ginger (Indonesian: jahe), peeled and bruised
- 2 scallions (Indonesian: daun bawang), chop into 4 inch sections
- 100 gram wood ear mushroom (Indonesian: jamur kuping), cut into thin strips
- 10 gram dried seaweed (Chinese: zi cai), tear into small pieces
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper (Indonesian: bubuk lada putih)
- corn starch solution (1 tablespoon corn starch + 2 tablespoon water)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 scallions (Indonesian: daun bawang), thinly sliced
- Boil water (or chicken stock) with ginger and scallions in a soup pot.
- Add wood ear mushroom and bring to a boil again.
- Add seaweed and cook until seaweed has expanded.
- Season with salt, sugar, and pepper. Once the taste is right, thicken soup with corn starch solution.
- Pour eggs in thin stream while gently whisk with either a fork or a pair of chopsticks to get a lovely egg drop soup.
- Turn off heat. Serve immediately with thinly sliced scallions.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.