Sesame Oil Chicken
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and cut into match sticks
- 500 gram (~ 1 lb) skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- cornstarch slurry (1/2 tablespoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water)
- 2 tablespoon scallions/cilantro, sliced/chopped
- Heat a wok until hot over medium-high heat, then add sesame oil and sauté ginger until fragrant.
- Add chicken breast cubes and stir for 30 seconds. Add Shaoxing wine, soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt, sugar, and ground white pepper. Stir until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Pour water into the wok and bring to a boil. Add goji berries and mix well. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Thicken the sauce with cornstarch slurry, and continue stirring until the sauce is thick.
- Turn off heat, add thinly sliced scallions/cilantro (if using), and gently toss to mix well. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.