Single Proof Asian Milk Bread
- 260 gram (9 oz) all-purpose flour/bread flour
- 30 gram (1 oz/2.5 tablespoon) sugar
- 2 gram (1/3 teaspoon) salt
- 3.5 gram (1 teaspoon) instant yeast
- 1 large size egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) warm milk
- 30 gram (2 tablespoon) unsalted butter, room temperature
- egg wash from 1 egg mix with 1 teaspoon water
- Knead the dough: Place all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well, add in the egg and warm milk, stir into a shaggy mass, and knead until the dough is smooth.
- Add unsalted butter and continue kneading for 15-20 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough: Grease an 8"x3" round pan with butter. Divide the dough into eight pieces, roll into balls, and arrange in the pan. (Note 1)
- Proof the dough: Cover the pan with a wet kitchen towel, proof for one hour in a warm kitchen, or until the dough fills the pan.
- Bake the bread: Preheat the oven to 175 Celsius (350 Fahrenheit). Brush the top of the dough with the egg wash, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool the bread: Remove the bread from the oven, cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then gently remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store the bread: Store any leftover in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for up to 3 days at room temperature. If you love warm bread, please reheat in a microwave for 10 seconds before serving.
- (1) You can also use a 9"x2" round pan or an 8"x8" square pan. It may be easier to divide the dough into nine pieces for an 8"x8" pan.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.