Smashed Tofu Egg Drop Soup
Author: Anita Jacobson
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 firm tofu, drained and mashed/crumbled with a fork
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, or to taste
- corn starch slurry (3 tablespoon corn starch + 4 tablespoon water, mixed well)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- drops of sesame oil
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a soup pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add this to the chicken stock.
- Add mashed/crumbled tofu to the chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Adjust taste as needed.
- To thicken the soup, add corn starch slurry to the pot and stir for 2 minutes until the soup is thicken. Turn off heat.
- Pour the egg into the soup in a steady stream, and quickly stir in a clockwise direction until thin shreds are formed.
- Serve with thinly sliced scallions and a couple drops of sesame oil per serving.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.