Spicy Egg Tofu with Dou Ban Jiang
- 2 tubes of egg tofu (about 300 gram), cut into 1 inch thick rounds
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced the white parts and cut into long ribbons the green parts
- 1/2 inch ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili bean sauce (Chinese: dou ban jiang)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic (Indonesian: bawang putih), minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Arrange egg tofu rounds on a microwave safe plate. Top with white parts of scallion, ginger, dou ban jiang, and sugar. Microwave on 450 Watt for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Mix canola oil and minced garlic in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 450 Watt for 1 1/2 minute. Remove from microwave, then add soy sauce and mix well.
- Scatter green parts of scallion on top of the egg tofu, then pour the garlic soy sauce oil. Serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.