Spicy Lemongrass Roast Chicken
- 4 skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- Marinating sauce
- 1 shallot (~ 50 gram)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemongrass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, remove ribs (or zest of 1 lime)
- 1-3 red bird eye chilies (or any red chilies)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil/canola oil
- Garnish (optional)
- thinly sliced scallions
- thinly sliced red chilies
- Place all marinating sauce ingredients in a food processor and puree into a paste, then transfer to a mixing bow and add chicken thighs. Mix really well, and let rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius (350 Fahrenheit).
- Heat a 10.25" cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoon oil (vegetable/canola) and swirl it around, then add chicken thigh skin-side down, reserving the marinade. Cook undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, flip the chicken, then add reserved marinade to the skillet. Transfer to the preheated oven and roast for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove skillet from oven, tip it to spoon the sauce from the bottom of the skillet, then pour sauce over chicken.
- Transfer to serving plates, garnish with scallions and/or red chilies. Serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.