Spicy Sichuan Eggplant
- 2 eggplants
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 serrano chili, sliced
- 2 scallions, separate green and white parts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dou ban jiang
- 2 stalks cilantro, for garnish
- Sauce (mix together)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut eggplants into quarters lengthwise, then cut into 4 inch sections. Soak in salted water for 15 minutes. Drain, strain, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok on high heat and stir fry the eggplants until soft and wilted, about 5-7 minutes.
- Push the eggplants to one side of the wok, then add garlic, ginger, chili, and white parts of scallions and stir fry until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add dou ban jiang, then mix everything together so the eggplants are well coated.
- Pour the sauce ingredients to the wok. Mix well. Cook until all the eggplants are coated with the sauce.
- Turn off heat. Transfer to a serving plate, and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.