Steamed Chicken with Red Dates
- 800 gram chicken thigh meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 50 gram Chinese red dates/jujube, soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt (if your Shaoxing wine contains salt, reduce this to 1 teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Prepare a steamer.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Transfer to a heat (steamer) proof dish, I use an 8" square Pyrex baking dish.
- Steam over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from the steamer, garnish with thinly sliced scallions (if using), and serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.