Steamed Chicken with Shiitake, Wood Ear, and Lily Flowers
- 100 gram dried shiitake mushroom
- 10 gram dried wood ear mushroom
- 15 gram dried lily flower
- 500 gram chicken thigh meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 scallions, thinly sliced, separate white and green parts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Wash and drain dried wood ear mushrooms, dried shiitake mushrooms, and dried lily flowers. Place each dried ingredient in separate bowls and add enough water to submerge. Let them rehydrate overnight.
- Drain and squeeze out as much water as you can from the rehydrated dried ingredients. Thinly slice wood ear mushrooms and shiitake mushrooms. Cut off the tough stems (if present) from the lily flowers, and tie each into a knot (tying is optional).
- In a mixing bowl, combine chopped wood ear mushrooms, chopped shiitake mushrooms, lily flowers, chicken, water, oil, sesame oil, Shaoxing wine, oyster sauce, sugar, ground white pepper salt, grated ginger, and the white parts of scallion. Mix well. Wrap with a saran plastic and marinate for 2 hours in the fridge. Return to room temperature prior to cooking.
- Prepare a steamer on medium heat.
- Add cornstarch to the marinated ingredients, mix well. Make sure there is no more liquid. If you still see any liquid, add a little more cornstarch and mix well. Transfer to a steam-proof bowl. A 9" pie dish is perfect for this.
- Steam for 15 minutes. Turn the heat off, and let the dish rest for another 5 minutes in the steamer.
- Gently remove the cover to avoid any water from the lid drips into the dish. Take the dish out from the steamer, garnish with green parts of scallion, and serve with steamed white rice.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.