Steamed Ginger Egg Custard
- 2 tablespoon ginger juice (from ~ 2 inch fresh ginger)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Grate fresh ginger and squeeze the grated ginger to get ginger juice.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add in ginger juice to the mixture, and whisk again.
- Strain into bowls/ramekins, and cover each bowl/ramekin with aluminum foil.
- Prepare a steamer over medium heat. Steam the custard mixture until firm and fully cooked. About 20-25 minutes, but the steaming time depends on the bowl/ramekin you are using, so please check starting at around 15 minutes.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.