Steamed Ground Pork with Salted Duck Eggs
- 450 gram (1 lb.) ground pork
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon tapioca starch/cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2-3 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 boiled salted duck eggs, chopped
- scallions and/or cilantro, garnish (optional)
- Mix ground pork, light soy sauce, sesame oil, tapioca starch/cornstarch, ground white pepper, sugar, and water. Please stir until the ground pork mixture has absorbed all the water and there is no standing liquid.
- Add in chopped salted duck eggs and stir to distribute the eggs evenly in the ground pork mixture. Transfer to a steam-proof bowl.
- Prepare a steamer over medium heat. Make sure there is enough boiling water for a 30 minutes steam and make sure there is plenty of steam before you start steaming. Steam the ground pork mixture over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove the steamed pork from the steamer. Garnish with chopped scallions and/or cilantro, and serve hot with steamed white rice or plain congee.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.