Steamed Prawn with Chili and Garlic
- 12 medium size prawns
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (Chinese: Shao Xing Hua Tiao Jiu)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon fish sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon peanut/soybean/canola oil
- 1 stalk scallion, cut into 2 inch ribbons
- 1 red chili, remove seeds and cut into 2 inch ribbons
- Chop away the eyes part of the prawns, partially cut the back of the prawns and devein, leaving the prawns still in their shell. Wash, pat dry, and place in a steam proof bowl.
- Add Shaoxing wine, water, sesame oil, salt, ground pepper, and fish oil into the bowl.
- Steam for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together garlic and peanut/soybean/canola oil in a microwave proof bowl. Cook in the microwave with 450 Watt power for 3-4 minutes, or until the garlic has turned golden brown. Remove from microwave and set aside.
- When the prawns are cooked, remove from the steamer, scatter scallion and chili ribbons, and pour the garlic oil on top of the prawns. Serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.