Steamed Spare Ribs Black Beans
- 500 gram (~ 1.1 lb.) spare ribs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 Fresno chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 Japaleno chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fermented black beans, rinsed and drained
- Marinate spare ribs with Shaoxing wine, sesame oil, sugar, salt, and ground white pepper for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to cook, return the spare ribs to room temperature.
- Make a cornstarch slurry by mixing the 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water, then add this to the marinated spare ribs. Stir to mix, the cornstarch slurry should be absorbed by the spare ribs and you shouldn't be seeing any standing liquid.
- Arrange spare ribs in one layer in a heatproof bowl, or a rimmed plate to catch the juice. Top with chopped Fresno chilies, chopped Jalapeno chilies, and the fermented black beans. (*)
- Prepare a steamer pot with at least 1 inch of boiling water over medium heat.
- Steam the spare ribs for about 10 minutes, or until the meat is opaque and fully cooked. Serve immediately.
- (*) If you want to do a dim sum style version, you can arrange this into several smaller bowls/plates instead of in one big bowl/plate. Please make sure to arrange the ribs in only one layer or the cooking time will be off.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.