Stir Fry Bean Sprouts with Salted Fish
- 50 gram salted yellow croaker fish, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red fresno chili, thinly sliced diagonally
- 500 gram bean sprouts, tails trimmed (*)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Prepare enough oil for deep frying, fry salted yellow croaker fish until the outside is golden brown. Set aside to cool, then cut into tiny slivers.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil (you can use the oil from deep frying the fish) in a wok on high heat.
- Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 1 minutes.
- Add deep fried salted fish, stir for 30 seconds.
- Add chili and bean sprouts, season with salt, sugar, and ground white pepper. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add scallions and hot water. Stir to mix. Once the liquid starts to boil, take off heat, transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately with steamed white rice.
- (*) Trimming the tails from bean sprouts is optional.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.