Chinese Stir-Fried Cabbage
- 1 head (~ 1 kilogram / 2.2 lb) cabbage
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced white parts and cut green parts into 1 inch sections
- 5 dried chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- Gently tear cabbage with hands, remove the tough ribs. Washed and drained.
- Heat oil in a wok/frying pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic, ginger, and white parts of scallions until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add dried chilies and Sichuan peppercorns, fry for another 30 seconds.
- Turn the heat to high, then add cabbage, along with salt, black vinegar, and light soy sauce. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes until the cabbage starts to wilt. Turn off heat. Add the green parts of scallions, mix well. Transfer to a serving plate and serve hot.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.