Sup Bening Bayam Jagung - Spinach and Corn Soup
- 6 cup vegetable stock/chicken stock
- 2 fresh corn, cut into 1 inch pieces (Note 1)
- 50 gram (1.75 oz) shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 inch ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 Indonesian bay leaves (Indonesian: daun salam), optional
- 600 gram (20 oz) spinach, washed and drained
- 200 gram (7 oz) tomato, diced
- salt, to taste
- Boil vegetable stock/chicken stock, corn, shallot, garlic, ginger, and Indonesian bay leaves in a pot over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and tomato. Continue cooking until spinach wilts.
- Turn off the heat. Season with salt if necessary. Serve immediately.
- (1) Substitute with 1 1⁄2 cup of canned/frozen corn kernels. There is no need to thaw frozen corn before using it. I usually add 1/2 cup of diced carrot to replicate the natural sweetness from fresh corn cobs.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.