Sup Ikan dan Jamur Kuping - Fish and Wood Ear Mushroom Soup
- 6 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tiny anchovies (Indonesian: ikan teri)
- 2 tablespoon deep fried shallot flakes (Indonesian: bawang goreng)
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 150 gram wood ear mushroom (Indonesian: jamur kuping), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (Indonesian: kecap ikan)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 500 gram firm white fish such as tilapia, rock fish, or red snapper, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 bird eye chilies (Indonesian: cabe rawit), sliced (optional)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a soup pot, boil together water, anchovies, deep fried shallot flakes, tomatoes, wood ear mushroom, fish sauce, salt, sugar, and ground white pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return soup to a boil, add fish slices, then cook only until the soup boils again. Turn off heat. Add lime juice, chilies (if used), and scallions. Serve hot.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.