Sup Kimlo Solo - Solo Style Kimlo Soup
- 300 gram chicken breast
- 1 1/2 liter water
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 150 gram fish balls, make a criss cross cut to each fish ball
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into the shape of flower petals
- 100 gram fresh wood ear fungus (Indonesian: jamur kuping), thinly sliced
- 15 gram dried tuberose flower (Indonesian: bunga sedap malam), knotted and soaked in cold water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 50 gram glass noodles (Indonesian: sohun), soaked in cold water
- 2 scallions (Indonesian: daun bawang), thinly sliced
- 2 celery leaves (Indonesian: daun seledri), thinly sliced
- Boil chicken breast and the water in a soup pot until chicken is fully cooked. Remove the chicken breast from the pot and tear the meat. Set aside the pot with the chicken stock.
- In a frying pan, heat cooking oil and fry the shallot and garlic until fragrant. Add chicken, fish balls, carrots, wood ear fungus, dried tuberose flower, sweet soy sauce, salt, and ground pepper. Mix well and stir fry for about 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer the stir fried ingredients into the pot with the chicken stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the vegetable is tender and the fish balls are fully cooked.
- Add the glass noodles and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve with chopped scallions and celery leaves.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.