Sup Lobak Daging - Daikon and Beef Soup
- 8 cups (2 liter) water
- 400 gram beef stew cuts
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 daikon (about 800 gram), peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks cilantro, thinly sliced
- Boil together water and beef in a pot. Reduce heat and simmer until beef is cooked and tender, about 1 hour.
- [Optional step] Scoop out the beef with slotted spoon, strain the soup to remove impurities and get a clear soup stock. Then return both the strained soup and beef into the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant and browned, about 3 minutes. Add this into the soup.
- Add thinly sliced daikon, and season with salt, sugar, ground pepper, and ground nutmeg. Cook until daikon is cooked and look transparent. Adjust salt/sugar/pepper as needed.
- Turn off heat. Serve the soup hot with garnishes.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.