Sup Sayur Asin, Tahu, dan Bakso - Pickled Mustard Green Soup with Tofu and Fish Ball
- 1.5 liter water
- 1 medium size carrot, cut into 1/2 cm slices
- 2 tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 250 gram pickled mustard green (Indonesian: kiam chai/sayur asin)
- 1 block of firm tofu, about 200 gram, cut into cubes
- 25 fish balls, make a crisscross cut on each of the fish ball
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fried shallot (Indonesian: bawang goreng)
- Place water, carrot, and tomatoes in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add mustard green and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the carrot is tender.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic and oil in a microwaveable bowl and heat until garlic is golden brown. I use a 450 Watt setting for 3 minutes. You can fry your garlic in a frying pan if you wish.
- Add tofu and fish balls and bring to a boil. Season with sugar, salt, and pepper. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Pour the garlic oil and garnish with scallions and fried shallot. Turn off heat and serve immediately.
Another great recipe by https://dailycookingquest.com.